Tuesday, May 6, 2008

TwentyFive

I didn't forget, I was just busy.

We have a program coming up tomorrow, and I had to finish everything up so I could ship the materials. I'll be attending this program, Life Sciences Law Institute, for two days. I don't mind working at the programs (nice hotel, free food, fairly easy, meeting interesting people, etc), but I don't like the 6 a.m. mornings. At this program, we don't have many big names, since it's our smallest. Although I am getting pretty excited for our Tax program later this year, where Tom Daschle, yup, that Daschle, is coming to speak. I think Matt's gotten me more excited than I normally am, because he gets excited that I get to talk to him.

Anyway, we had sloppy joes last night, and got into quite the discussion about whether they are called sloppy joes or barbeques (which his family calls them). Now, in his recipe, there is no brown sugar, which to me, is then a completely different thing, albeit much healthier. Anyway, the conversation still amuses me, so I thought I'd share.

It was a great weekend: the Viriginia Gold Cup horse race and a carnival! It was beautiful weather on Saturday and we both got a little burned. It was exactly what you'd see on TV: hats, seersucker and miles of green. We even met up with some friends from Pelosi's office; always nice to see them. We were there literally all day - leaving our house at 8:30 am and getting back at about 7 pm. Then a movie (Ironman - pretty good, entertaining) with Adam and Sarah and off to bed! Sunday, we went to the local carnival and spent a little time playing games and a ride on the ferris wheel. Maybe I'll post some pictures later; Matt has my camera right now...

And oh! The reason he has my camera: the other big news today. It isn't my news, Matt gets too meet John Glenn and the head of NASA, Mike Griffin. Since his childhood dream was to be an astronaut, he is quite pumped for the opportunity.

aj

P.S. Andy is feeling better, but now his wife came down with it. AKA, I got a daisy.

No comments: