Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thursday, Aug 9, 2010

In 14 days, I will be on vacation. Yup - watching my nieces and nephews play in the pool. Ahhhh. In 15 days, I'll be rehersing. And in 16 days, married. In 18 days, flying to Italy as a newlywed.

Time flies. We've been engaged for so long that now that it's here, time is just going by so much faster.

We've really been doing a lot for the wedding - finishing tentcards, seating chart, rehersal invites, programs, confirming everything we ordered months ago (dj, florist, limo, etc). And since we've both been working late, we're not even getting home until 7:30 every night. Makes for busy nights, and busier weekends.

Work is going fine - busy trying to finish everything up before I go. Which means overtime, and we need it. We've been budgetting for 2 years now almost every penny. And we'll continue to do so for the next 6 months until we pay off the wedding. They are expensive!!! Even with all the discounts we managed! Hahaha. It'll be so nice to not have to worry about it all day every day.

There's also been a lot of back and forth recently about my "career path" - which leads me to think of this more as a job, and less of a career. Great company, slow to change. I suppose that's the mantra of family owned businesses though.

Okay, I'm really busy, so back to work. :)

No comments: