Monday, August 23, 2010

Monday, August 23, 2010

It's 6:45 pm and I'm still at work.

I am off to visit my first factory on Wednesday (mmm....chocolate.....), and then have full day meetings on Thursday and Friday....which means I need to get 5 days of work done in 2 days. So I sit, but! My brain needs a break...so I write.

33 days. We have an offical day countdown now. We've been engaged so long that it seems like now time is finally flying. I understand now why people say weddings bring out the worst and best in people....it really emphasizes where people's priorities lie. And how much Matt and I can take on! It's very empowering to know that even if everything has gone according to plan, that we are still so excited to be marrying each other. We're both still waiting to get nervous, I'm not sure if or when that'll hit. We did our food tasting 2 weeks ago and the food was much much better than expected, so we were pleasantly surprised. And since less people are coming than expected, we get to make the food and beverages that much nicer. ;) Plus, it means the people that are coming really want to be there - and that makes us that much happier to see them. And... BABIES! Lots of babies for me to get my fix - Monty, Anthony, Jaime, Peanut, Evan, Lily, Jacob, Sammy. Wooohooo. I need another fix.

We've had an extreeemmeeellllyyyy busy month. Too busy probably. Besides wedding planning, we moved into a 3 bedroom, 3.5 bathroom townhouse, and then out of our old place, Matt started a new new job (not the one from the last post), and I'm allowed to work from home and all the changes that go along. We haven't had a "free" weekend in over a month!

I love the new place - finally feels like a real home. Plus, it has a wood burning fireplace, so it feels like our home. We've got a dining room, 2 living rooms, kitchen, master suite, spare bedroom, office, and a separate basement for the kitty box. And the cats loovvveee it - running up and down stairs for the first time in their little kitty lives. Plus, they get to watch the wildlife outside on our deck - we even had a woodchuck friend the other day!

Last weekend we had our jack and jill party (bachleor/bachelorette party but joint). Matt went golfing and then cooked out with the boys, while I got dinner with the girls. We met up for drinks at a local establishment, and had a great time. They made me wear a sash and crown, though, the crown didn't stay on too long... whoops. It was just like college again - everyone knew everyone and it was just very chill. I like chill. But not being chilly.

This upcoming weekend, our friend Adam Brown is coming into town from London - boy have we missed him. It's been a year since he left and our only communcaiton has been through instant messenger or Facebook.....it's just not the same.

What elseeee? Oh, haha. I turned 25, and Matt turned..old man. Bwhahahah. 27, he turned 27. We did a cooking class for my birthdy and a pedicab ride/nice dinner for his. Next, we're on to Labor Day, WEDDING, Thanksgiving, and Christmas! Time flies.

And it's 7 pm. So apparently not thattt fast - I'm still here. Hahhaah. Need to finish up some items, and head home for dinner. 11 hour day is long enough!

Peace out playa.

1 comment:

Matt said...

I believe it was a 'land beaver'...