Been a while. And I feel like procrastinating...so here I am.
I have COPD, so I breathe heavy when it's hot and humid out. I know this because the people who sit around me are now calling me "Darth Vadar." They're cruel.
I am getting married in less than 3 months. We still have to do: tent cards, programs, favors, out of town bags, seating chart, marriage license, rehearsal invites, song list to dj, change my name (work on that matt... ;) ), vases for florist, speech for rehearsal dinner, photos to donny, tasting at hilton, book hotel for night before, tip envelopes...and i think that is it!!! Long list, but all very little thing, we're doing very well for have 3 months left. I'm really excited; there's all these stories about how I should be stressed or nervous, but I'm not at all. The ONLY thing that causes me stress is peer pressure - other people trying to influence what WE actually want. But, I think we've been standing up pretty well for ourselves. ;)
I've been cooking a lot lately. Homemade mac and cheese (need to not cook the noodles as long), homemade clam chowder (needs 2% milk, not 1%), and fudge - who knows. But I'm proud that I've actually been cooking.
And crunches and push ups - been doing those too. Need to get fit by Aug bachelorette party. Boy, has THAT been a sigh of relief. I do NOT want a crazy woo hooo party, nor honestly, do I think anyone should have one... I just think the point is to prepare for your WEDDING, it's not your last night of being single- you've been taken for a while or you shouldn't be getting married. I HATE the philosophy that men need that last night of being wild and crazy and single. It makes marriage this terrible, boring thing - when in reality, it's something you should WANT. I know, my rant. I know Matt completely agrees with me, but we certainly have friends that don't. It's make me really sad to think that's what our society believes of marriage now.
He has a new job - I hope it fulfills him more. Gives him more of a challenge. And hope that my jobs gives me a bit less of one. They've been expecting me to do more - but with the same amount. Just doesn't work. Can't make 3 apple pies with only enough apples for 2 pies. Ohhhh, analogies.
Well, that is all for today. Just be glad I wrote.
P.S. I sooooo cannot work right now! Dang.
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
stay strong, sista! this is your (in the plural sense) day. do what is important to you, and skip what isn't. you'll want to look back on this day as one of love, joy, and fun, not stress. people will forgive and forget (not that you need forgiveness) if you don't do it their way, and if they don't, that's their problem. we're really looking forward to it. love ya
Post a Comment